Thursday, July 01, 2004

Thursday 7/1 - The Awakening

ICU Day #18 / Hospital Day #51

Today is best called "The Awakening". After 19 days, I was able to communicate with Kathy and she could respond. As many of you know, Kathy is a talker. But today she could only move her eyes for "yes" or "no". It took some time, but I was able to tell her what happened over the past three weeks. I also told her how much you all have been supporting her and us. We even went over all of the cards she has received since being in ICU. She could confirm that she knew what I was telling her.

I spoke with the ICU doctor at great length today. Kathy will have many challenges ahead. She'll also probably be on a roller coster with ups and downs. But today she has an "E" ticket.

This has been a great day.


I think I can sleep tonight.

Rodger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just checking in Kathy...I too hope this will be a better month. I can't believe she's been in the hospital that long! A day doesn't go by that we don't think of you guys and send good thoughts.

Love,

Therra Cathryn ( aka Cousin Cathy)

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!! Give her hugs for us. We have continued to pray for her daily and check this. It is great that she can communicate. And Roger....enjoy the silence while you can, because you know when she CAN talk she WILL - nonstop! Love to her, Marti