Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Monday 7/12 - A Day of Remembrance

Kathleen's service was held today at Sacred Heart church in Valley Park. It was a beautiful event. My boys kept me strong and helped me to keep a "happy face". That was very hard to do.

I'd like to thank all of those who took time out from their busy schedule to attend. It gave me strength when I could feel the support of all you there with us in our time of sorrow.

Following the service we held a luncheon which included numerous photographs and a video slide show. I'll have copies of the slide show for anyone who missed it.

I'd like to thank all of you who sent flowers, cards, gifts and support. It will take me some time to sort through all of these over the coming weeks. But they were all beautiful. We were able to regift some of the flowers to others less fortunate today. It's something Kathy would have done. Thank you.

Finally, I'll turn my angergriefsorrowpain into enthusiasmenergydetermination towards starting Kathleen's foundation. I promise you that in years to come, we'll be able to measure the positive difference this effort will produce. There are a thousand million details to work out (name, tax ID, mission/vision/goals, board, money) and I already feel the strength from the show of support I have received.

I'll make updates here to the site from time to time. Again, thanks for everything. - Rodger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rodger and Family,
On behalf of the MO City Management Association we want to express our grief and sympathy at the passing of Kathleen. We have lost a great friend to the profession, yet we recognize your loss is far greater. We should all hope to leave the kind of legacy Kathleen has at our chosen time. The Foundation being proposed in Kathleen's honor is humbling for all of us in the profession. Please let anyone of us know what we can do to assist you in this effort. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Rodger, Jonathan and Alex,
I am so sorry that I was not able to attend the memorial mass for Kathleen. I have been out of town since July 9 when I first learned that she had died. My husband Mark was also out of town on Monday. You have all been in my heart since last Friday. I hope to be able to attend the celebration you are planning. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Lesley Levin

Anonymous said...

Rodg,
Has anyone mentioned the fact that the Cardinals had the best record in the National League when Kathy passed? I know that would have made her smile. Dan