Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Tuesday 7/6 - Hanging In There

ICU Day #23 / Hospital Day #56

Kathy is still hanging in there. They've dropped her oxygen level down a bit from Sunday. But they continue to provide her with a high-level of ventilator support and close medical attention. The infectious disease doctor was in today---they have changed her antibiotics to fight whatever new beastie attacked her, probably pneumonia.

I spent several hours with her today. We read the paper. I tried not to scare too much about politics today with Kerry's VP pick. :-) So we watched the Food Network, a couple episodes of Golden Girls, and her favorite, The View. Let's just say my visits are a labor of love to endure all that too.

These are rough times for Kathy. She has a lot to overcome. But I tell her everyday how hard she is fighting and how much we want her back.

Thanks for all of your cards, emails and show of support for Kathy, me and the boys. We appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are still with Kathy and the family. I have added your family to the prayer list at church and my Tuesday night ladies Bible study class. God Bless you all and give you peace and comfort through all this.

Pam