Friday, June 18, 2004

Friday 6/18 - 9th Inning Rally

Sometimes small things can make all the difference. Thursday was a very, very, bad day for Kathy. The doctors told me last night that she needed a good day today.

A few hopeful signs: very slight breathing improvement, some small improvements in blood pressure, some signs that her kidneys *may* be restarting (though this is not really known). Let's pray and hope that these are signs for the future. She'll need many more good days like today.

This email came in to me this morning from one of Kathy's long-time friends and I thought many of you would enjoy reading it. I've changed the names to protect the guilty ;-):

"I have been praying for Kath nightly for the past four years. I can not begin to tell you that I understand what you and your family are going through right now, but I want you to know how we both feel about Kathy. She is by far the strongest, most faithful person we have ever known. I mean in our lives. The spirit and strength that has radiated from her since the day we met her (20 some odd yrs ago) has always impressed us. Along with the Polish stubbornness that she could not control, only makes us love her more. If any one deserves a miracle it's Kathy. I also believe that her faith in the Lord has prepared her for this battle and if this is her time she will be ready to serve. I know this is not easy for you, but for her, I believe, she is ready.

There is nothing we can say or do to comfort you at this time, but believe that there is a network of people out here that have experienced the life of Kathy and we will all be here when you need us." - C, A, M, T and L C.

No comments: